Friday, July 4, 2014

SIA Couture Sea Cliff Sponsor Joett Sundowner Jazz Dancers

On the judge panel of Miss Universe, I met Priyal Lavingia of SIA Couture Sea Cliff. At the time I had plans to relaunch my jazz show, and I asked her if she'd be interested in sponsoring by dressing my dancers as she did the girls on the Miss Universe pageant, and she kindly agreed. And so ever since my jazz show went back on the road, she has clothed my dancers with some really elegant outfits. Priyal, thank you for your support. I couldn't have done it without you.

The only public show we've had thus far was the appearance at Melmoz Jazz bar on November 28th 2013. All performances thereafter have been at corporate events, the most recent of which last Friday and Tuesday this week being for the firm Price Waterhouse Coopers. The Friday event at the Double Tree by Hilton featured only my dancers doing the chacha on two numbers: Earth, Wind & Fire's Evil, and Paul Carrack's cover version of the Isley Brothers' Harvest For The World.

And on Tuesday, they opened with these two numbers at the Serena Hotel and then I got up on stage to sing Walk On By, Cry Me A River and Besame Mucho, with the dancers returning to do the tango as I sang Besame Mucho. Loads of fun! I think this is by far our best ever performance yet, especially because the audience was absolutely wonderful. It doesn't get better than this...when the audience is focused on the show and has your full attention. I loved the decor that evening too. It was awesome! Take a look at my stage propped up in the corner there. What I like about my stage is that it actually feels like home to me. I designed it, and commissioned an iron smith to build it -- complete with intricate stool. I move around with it from event to event, so a venue is never alien to me. Isn't that pure genius?

If you have an event coming up and would like it all jazz and classy, take a closer look at the banner above and if it sounds like what you're looking for, give me a call! I'd be glad to furnish you with more information on what the show is about and what your guests can expect. I shall look forward to hearing from you.

Hope to catch you in the next event!

Thanks for dropping by!


JOETT
Vocal Coach & Author

FREE Letters from A Vocal Coach E-Book here!
Learn to Sing in 4-Hours Comprehensive CRASH Course

Download Joett tracks from iTunes, Amazon MP3, TuneCore.
Buy Joett CDs from A Novel Idea Bookstores Dar, Zanzibar, Arusha.
Nationwide CD distribution via Joett Music (Airtel Money, TIGO Money, M-Pesa).
Follow me on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment