Saturday, July 26, 2014

Letters from A Vocal Coach: Alternative Vocal Workout




My updated version of the Learn to Sing with Joett vocal training CD expands your use and benefits from using the program. The new version will be available on CD around mid August 2014. Hereunder are the variations of vocal exercises you can do with the program.
 
ALTERNATIVE VOCAL WORKOUT
The alternative to the VAAAGH scales is a piano recording with no vocals, that allows to switch your training to a hum (Mm), NA and also NO (pronounced NOU).
Arpeggios vocal exercises on track 7 hereunder are your alternatives. Note all vowels have been isolated. And I’ve also added the lip bubble, tongue trills and humming (mm/nn/ng) to this as well. Remember, to find video demonstrations of these variations run a quick search on my blog or go straight to youtube to locate my illustration videos.
a)      Mm
b)     I (eee)
c)      A (uh)
d)     Lip Bubble
e)      Tongue Trill
f)       Aah
g)     Oh
h)     U
i)       Ng
j)        Nn
k)     Eh
Octaves alternative are as follows:
a)      Mm
b)     I
c)      UIU
d)     Tongue Trill
e)      Lip Bubble
Chromatic Scales alternative exercises are as follows:
a)      Mm
b)     Lip Bubble
c)      Tongue Trill
d)     UIU (with extended Uu in places)
e)      Na
f)       Mum
g)     Ney
Descending Scales alternative exercises are as follows:
a)      Mm
b)     Lip Buble
c)      Tongue Trill
d)     Ng
e)      N
f)       I
g)     U
Vowels and Lyrics
A O I E U … “I Could Never Live”
Arpeggios
Rose petals {fall} upon your feet
Octaves
I {could} never live
Chromatic Scales
I’m on my knees and I r-e-a-ll-y do want your love I am on my knees and I r-e-a-ll-y do want your love
Descending Scales
I could never {live} without your love
Articulation Exercise
Exercise 1: I could never live, I could never live, without your love
Exercise 2: I could never never live X 2 without your love
Exercise 3: I could never never never live X 2 without your love


Thanks for dropping by!


JOETT
Vocal Coach & Author
Private Singing Lessons

Any Texts

No comments:

Post a Comment