Thursday, August 16, 2012

Joett Mobbed at Epiq Bongo Star Search 2012 Auditions Dar

I paid a visit to Epiq Bongo Star Search 2012 Auditions in Dar with my own camera crew in tow. I had a couple of reasons for dropping by the event. I wanted to lend support to some of my students who were taking part in the competition, and I also wanted to help contestants prepare for the audition and to scout for talent. I'm creating a boy band, so I'm on the lookout for kids who'll fit the bill. Well anyway, as I went about my day I was mobbed for autographed copies of my comeback single "I Could Never Live (Without Your Love)." Yes, I had at least 200 CDs with my crew when I arrived, but how this frenzy happened so quickly took me quite by surprise.

I handed out my business card to one of the contestants and suddenly there were all these hands reaching out for my card. As I shelled them out--and I was running out fast, I decided to sign away a couple of CDs and that's when all hell broke loose. Suddenly, everybody wanted my autographed CDs and the saga continued. It was amazing. By the end of this fracas I'd signed and handed out over 200 CDs. I must say I was quite chuffed. It's nice to be appreciated. And then in the days that followed the calls started to come in from all these kids who'd grabbed my phone number. I'm now thinking of creating a 3-day training workshop to teach these kids the basics of singing. Enough to get them better prepared for the next Bongo Star Search competition. I've found a studio at slipway that's large enough to accommodate a lot of people (my own studio is too small for these numbers). What I need now is a sponsor to fund the event. So if you know of anyone who cares about the community and would like to give these kids a chance to learn their craft, please give me a shout. It's nice to give something back to the community.

Thanks for visiting my blog!

JOETT
Radio Presenter, Recording Artist & Vocal Coach

Download Joett tracks from iTunes, Amazon MP3, TuneCore.
Buy Joett CDs from A Novel Idea Bookstores Dar, Zanzibar, Arusha.
Nationwide CD distribution via Business Times, Majira and SPOTIstarehe.
Follow me on Twitter
Become a fan on Facebook 
Follow Joett On Facebook
Follow Boogie TZ On Facebook  

No comments:

Post a Comment