Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How to Improve Your Tone When You Sing - Say Vaagh!

I was saying to one of my new students just yesterday that I ought to blog more often. Well, here's a quick line to just let you know that all is going well with my studio recording project, but hey, it is turning out to be quite a lot of work. I don't have a clue when all of this will end, but I'm enjoying every minute of it.

Some of the pointers (and exercises) in my upcoming vocal training CD will include how to say VAAGH to eliminate the nasal sound, and to improve your projection. Try this: Say VAAGH (the G being silent) ... make sure you open the mouth and ‘gradually’ drop the jaw – all the way down – as you say VAAGH. You'll notice that not only does everything come out the mouth, your voice is clearer and more powerful. This, I find, is one of the best ways to produce your real voice. Give it a go whenever you feel you're not hitting the mark with the tone when you sing.

Have fun!

Joett

No comments:

Post a Comment